Our Mission: Ensure the integrity of the Electoral Process Our Mission: Ensure the integrity of the Electoral Process


/ Categories: 2019

EDITORIAL: Information on Amendment 4 in Collier County

What is Amendment 4?

Amendment 4 appeared on the 2018 General Election Ballot and passed with 64.6 percent of the vote. This amendment restores the voting rights of Floridians with felony convictions after they have completed all terms of their sentence, including parole or probation. This amendment does not apply to people convicted of murder or sexual offenses, who would continue to be permanently barred from voting unless their rights have been individually restored.


If I am a felon, how do I know if my voting rights have been restored?

It is up to the individual to know whether they are eligible to complete a voter registration application, including whether they are now eligible to vote under Amendment 4.

Starting on January 8, 2019, certain convicted felons who have completed their sentences, including parole and probation, will have their voting rights automatically restored and will be eligible to register to vote (with the exception of those convicted of murder or sexual offenses).

You may search for your eligibility or apply for your Restoration of Civil Rights through the Florida Office of Executive Committee:


If I was removed from the voter rolls due to a felony conviction will I automatically be registered to vote?

No. You must register to vote before you can participate in any election. In addition, if you were registered to vote prior to being convicted of a felony, you must re-register to vote now.

Registrations must be submitted at least 29 days prior to an election in order to be eligible to participate in that election.


How will the Supervisor of Elections office handle voter registration applications now?

The Collier County Supervisor of Elections office will accept and process voter registration applications as usual. It is up to the individual filling out the registration application to ensure the information being supplied, including restoration of voting rights, is accurate.


How do I register to vote?

There are several methods you can use to complete a voter registration application:

  • In person:

    • Collier County Supervisor of Elections main office
      Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Building
      3750 Enterprise Ave.
      Naples, FL 34104
      Hours: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

    • Collier County Supervisor of Elections satellite office
      North Collier Government Center
      2335 Orange Blossom Drive
      Naples, FL 34109
      Hours: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

  • Online: www.RegistertoVoteFlorida.gov

  • By mail: Print a voter registration application at www.CollierVotes.com and send completed form to:

    • Collier County Supervisor of Elections office
      3750 Enterprise Ave.
      Naples, FL 34104


Now that I have registered to vote, what happens next?

Once notice is received by our office that your application has been processed by the state Division of Elections, we will mail you a Voter Information Card. You should receive this card within a few weeks of completing the voter registration application.


Who should I contact if I have any additional questions about registering to vote?

For more information on the voter registration process you can visit our website at www.CollierVotes.com or call (239) 252-VOTE (8683).


# # #

Previous Article NEWS RELEASE: Collier County Supervisor of Elections Office Accepting Scholarship Applications
Next Article PUBLIC NOTICE: 2019 City of Naples Special Election
2359 Rate this article:
No rating

Voter Stats

  • Republicans:
  • Democrats:
  • Others:
  • Total:


Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Building
3750 Enterprise Avenue, Naples, FL 34104
Map Us


PHONE: (239) 252-8683 ‚óŹ FAX: (239) 774-9468
EMAIL: Supervisor.Elections@CollierVotes.gov
HOURS: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm

Under Florida law F.S. 668.6076, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. Please submit public records requests via our public records request portal by clicking here.

Website Accessibility Statement